Bobby
I recently adopted a 10 month old kitten and I’m feeling restless as I’m penning this down. Well, let me introduce to you my new cat.
This is Bobby, a good 5kg heavy black cat I adopted from a shelter on 19th January 2014. He’s an excellent cat, with great human interaction skills, very clingy and he’s very playful too. J Before I got myself a cat, I always know that I do love cats in general, but after a few days with Bobby, I realized that I don’t actually just love cats, I love them immensely. It also gave me an insight of why those new mummies were whining and so reluctant to start their first day at work after their delivery.
Anyway… Back to Bobby. So, I brought Bobby back on Sunday afternoon and I was playing with him a lot the entire day. The next day I went to the office and when I came back I found out that he was not urinating nor defecating at all for the two days he was with me. I was quite worry on Tuesday, thinking if there was any problem on the sandbox i have prepared for him. I contacted the shelter and asked his pooping activity while he was there as well as the brand of the sand and the food they provided him during his stay at the shelter in case he was having problem adjusting to the new environment.
So, on the way back home yesterday, I went to the store and get his usual sand litter as well as his wet food. I came into my house and I was ecstatic to smell the stench of cat’s poop and pee. Mainly because it was a great achievement that Bobby finally made his first poop in my house. But here’s the catch. I went to his potty and checked, only to realize that it’s clean. No trace of urine or feces at all.
I looked up high and low, only to find out his poop HERE.
ON MY BED.!!
I was beyond frustrated I must tell. It was my grandma’s birthday yesterday, so I called her up to wish her happy birthday and told her about the poop incident. She then gave me a solution that is to leave the cat in the toilet while Im away at work together with his food, water and potty so that he could learn to potty himself in the sandbox. And this morning I did what I was told.
So while in the train to work, I found out that cats sometimes poop on his master’s bed not because they want to get back to you, but because it is what made them feel safe. Because it is where the master’s scent is the strongest, they want to mix his own scent with his owner’s. Also, it was one of a sign saying that a cat might develop separation anxiety disorder, because his/her master is away from home for quite long.
Now…… this is where I felt bad. Because of his trick, I led him into a toilet cage.
L
I felt so stupid and helpless thinking that he might be afraid and anxious alone in a confined space. Hope I can be home early today to get back to him and release him out.
I’m sorry Bobby.
I failed.



No comments:
Post a Comment