So.. Guam.
In case any of you aren't aware where this place named Guam is, wait.. Lemme explain. Guam is located somewhere on the Pacific Ocean, in between Philippines and Japan, west of Hawaii. It's a very small island, near to Saipan.
I was in a middle of a getting ready for the Fashion Night Out event that week, then it struck me that... I don't have any plans made for the next weekend, a 3 days weekend since it was the "respect for the aged" day on that Monday. Furthermore it was the week of my 24th birthday! ;) So I've decided to somehow made the booking as part of my own birthday present and considering I won't be having any other holidays I can use for the rest of the year for a vacation, I rationalize and click that confirm button. A week before my departure, together with hotel reservation, and air ticket; ready for a vacation by the beach for ONE. Haha but.. Somehow, I felt this isn't right. I should be enjoying myself! At least with another human being, so I won't look so miserable going on a vacation on my own. :0
The next thing I know, me and my colleague, Yuna, were already in the limousine, making our way to our hotel at 3 am. We were so tired, since we rushed our way from work, straight to the airport and it was already over my bedtime, so we slept! Without knowing what or how the island looks like at all.
After a good night sleep, we got up, get ready and head up for breakfast at the Hilton hotel near the beach.
The sight of the clear water, displaying untouched beauty of pretty tones of blue and green panorama, breathless! I've never know I have this liking towards beach! I've always hated the sea, for it is sticky and sandy, but now... I guess I shall have beach vacation EVERY YEAR! Haha
We didn't make any activity for that day, was thinking to have a relaxing day enjoying the new sights of a new place. One thing i like about the Japanese is how prepared they are for any visit to any country. They have almost all countries/places tour guide book sold at the bookstore. And going out with a Japanese, I have my friend Yuna who brought Guam tour guide book along for this trip. We studied the map, find any interesting place we'd like to visit, and made our way to the outlet store in Guam after breakfast.
I've made a little shopping info digging during that week, and saw some remarks regarding the factory outlet in Guam, saying that it is not as big as the other factory outlet in the US mainland. So I don't have any high expectation on the shopping experience side of this trip. But... When I reached the place..... I was ecstatic! Haha. Ecstatic not to see the shops, but for the sight of Taco Bell!
Ever since my LA trip last year, I developed this fondness on the quesadilla by Taco Bell. And I was disappointed when I didn't manage to find one during my Dubai trip earlier this year, so I can't really contain my excitement, that I bought quesadilla despite having my big breakfast earlier.
;)
I love quesadilla!
And oh! There was a frozen yogurt by Cold Stone as well! :)
I haven't seen any Cold Stone store dedicated specially for frozen yogurt here in Japan, so typically, we had frozen yogurt as well after a round of shop browsing. And oh, we had to kill out time because it was raining slightly at that time, and the next bus wasn't coming for the next 10 minutes.
After that we went to the shopping district, since Yuna was looking for bikini to be worn for the trip and I wandered around browsing and surveying for the price of the goods from one shop to another. Hihi
Price wise, well.. American brand goods are of course cheaper compared to the ones in Japan or Malaysia.. But the choice is quite limited I must say. Maybe because it's an isolated island, so the coverage or product flow/cycle is not that great.
Anyhow, we had a quick rest back at the hotel then head to the beach again, but this time to get wet! :)
I don't know when was the last time I had myself swimming in the beach. Probably on my trip with Lily in Phuket last year!
The sun was shining bright again after the drizzle in the afternoon and the coldness of the water really helped balancing out the warmth n humid from the sunshine!
You can't go wrong with this kind of beach! ;)
We enjoyed our time by the beach, swam, and watch the sunset.
At night dinner was due since we practically didn't have our lunch on that day, apart from the frozen yogurt and quesadilla. So we decided to have em BIG! Haha. We chose to go back to the shopping district and had our dinner at
Ocean Lounge at the Underwater World, conveniently located in front of Duty Free Shop(DFS). The food was awesome! I ordered a sniper cooked with coconut milk local style. It almost tasted like the Thai fish curry! Probably because of the use of coconut milk I guess. The service was great, the portion was humble, and most of all the ambience of the restaurant got my attention. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment