Friday, September 27, 2013

Kanazawa festival 2013


Let's take a breather and I shall write some of the events I've been attending for the past 4-5 weeks.  But.. I'll break them into a few post so I won't crack my head typing, finding ways to elaborate and make up a storyline.

So...Kanezawa festival. For you who don't know, Japan is a four season country and there's always activities, fruits, vegetable associated with respective season. In winter, people will go for snowboarding. For spring, we'll go for a hanami, picnicking under the blossoming Sakura n cherry blossom, etc. Then come summer, there will abundance of festivals where many of the ladies donning the pretty yukata attending the festival. 

Since this year's Ramadan came during summer, and many of my Malaysian friends went back for raya, we didn't really have the time to meet up and attend any festival in July. But.... Fortunately for us, there were still some festivals held on till mid sept, although not as big as the ones held in July or early August. 

After much persuasion and planning, me and three other girl friends decided to attend the Kanezawa festival, all bundled up in the Japanese yukata; among other things the foreigners would like to try while in Japan. The festival starts at 19:00, but knowing how packed the venue would be, we decided to reach the venue at 17:00 so we can book a place to enjoy the festival. 

Little that we know, the venue was actually by the beach! :) I was ecstatic to tell the truth, because most of the festival I've been to, the place would be jam packed, with no place to sit, no phone coverage for there were too many people. Luckily this time, the festival held by the beach, and there were quite ample space, and it was breezy throughout the event, making the experience quite a satisfactory one. 
 
And like many other events or festival, this is the time you got to have some of the local "pasar" cuisine! And since it's summer, what you must get have got to be the kakigori! A simplified version of air batu campur for the Japanese. :) 
Main difference between the once we had in Malaysia is, the ones in Japan isn't loaded any condiments at all, just plain ice and some flavored syrup. :) 
Then we bought takoyaki, ikayaki and jaga bata, my favorite! Haha

So off we went and find a good space to watch the firework displays, facing the beach, accompanied by the breezy and calming wind.  :) 
I'm left out with no other words to describe the festival, because what we really did was just having fun!  Destressing ourselves from work, research, and enjoying the firework display! So... Here you go! Enjoy! 







No comments: