Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Eid adha 2012, Tokyo

Maybe it's too late to wish for aidil adha, but.. HELLO! :)

On my way to the office right now in the train where I can see Tokyo Tower right in front of me.
Tehee..

Now.. I'd like to update on raya haji celebration last week. Nothing special though. I decided to celebrate, so i took a day off on Friday so I could join the celebration at the Malaysian embassy.

Took off from the station near to my house straight to Shibuya and met my batchmate, Elyn at the station and hop into daikanyama bus to the embassy.

Alhmdulillah, manage to perform solat Sunat at the embassy with fellow Malaysian and listened to some khutbah(sermon) after the prayer.

And the exciting part of Malaysian gathering is of course the FOOD. Haha we were served with Ayam dendeng (or so I thought), sambal daging, masak lodeh, humongous amount or sweets delicacies, n fruits. It's always good to mix and mingle with your friends an acquaintance, to catch up and erm.. A sprinkle of gossip? Hehe

Here are some photos taken on that day,



On another note or topic. I decided to wear abaya and hijab from my house for the event to avoid the hassle of binging telekung for prayers. Straight after the even at the embassy, I went for a little bit of naughty shopping at Isetan, Shinjuku. It was quite an exciting experience for me, that is to wear all black abaya with black hijab (like the arab does all the time) and wonder around the town of Tokyo. I am not in anyway trying to say the Japanese are racist, but usually, through my observation, when people with hijab walking around this city of weird fashion, people would usually stare, and sometimes shows quite an expression.
So I was expecting a little bit of cold treatment from the sales girl, I was sort of making an experiment, to test and feel how do my friends feel or being treated with that attire.
But, I was overwhelmed with their treatment. I was not being discriminated, I was not even close being ignored. Each and every cosmetic booth I went, I was fairly treated, they took me seriously, greeted me with the same smile other people get, and no bias at all. NONE.
I was so glad, that I made some *clear throat, ehem* frivolous shopping. ;)
(Probably their customer service tactic did work in a way! Haha )
With that, to Dear Japanese citizen, I have to bid my respect to your professionalism and civic traits. Keep it up. :) it sure does make me want to stay here a little bit longer. ;)


Till then! Tata!

No comments: