Saturday, October 13, 2012

August, September, October


I just realised my blog has been in a hiatus for more than 2 months. And I feel I am forced to write and update, for my own future reference. There has been a lot of things happening since August till this date I'm writing. I feel the urge to write, but certain things aren't suitable to put into words, only to be kept as thoughts and it bugs me off sometimes. Not that I didn't try. I did. But, rereading the stuff i wrote, I keep on diverting to other topics and the main story or theme I was trying to convey was not getting through. So i stopped.

And today I guess, I should just write whatever has been happening for the past two months.

Work Life:
August was the month filled with practical courses and classes and Summer holidays ( the most anticipated part of august :P ) I have been going through so many courses since the day I entered working life. There has been a lot of classes I attended, I can say that most of my working life has been filled with classes. It's almost like going for school, except that I need to be in office attire, have to go through the sea of people commuting early in the morning, and I got paid to be in classes. Among the courses I have attended are as follows:
1.  Basics of Network
2. Basics of Marketing, Accounting
3. Logical thinking
4. IT solution and sales
5. System Development, Algorithm, Server
6. Programming Languages ( COBOL, Java, C, Database, JSP, Web App, Eclipse)
7. Business formality ( formal writing, clothing, japanese manners in working environment etc)

Basically, having us in apprenticeship before entering real working life.
I must say that the company I am working at is pouring so much resources into building their employees self-value. One course would cost at least 1500RM up to 5000RM. And I have been into at least 20 classes, which could total up to a huge amount of money! That, for new employees courses which doesn't include the other courses I have to attend for engineer courses I have to complete in 4 years or other general courses that everyone has to attend. =.="

At the moment, I felt, I am not contributing anything for the company, yet getting paid. I felt quite guilty honestly, more like a burden to the company. No responsibility being put on my shoulders yet.

My colleagues, superiors, supervisors has been nice, friendly and very concern of my welfare. And I am forever thankful for that. As of now, I am now under On-the Job Training(OJT) getting simple lectures/explanation on the system my division I am working for and some programming. Basically it's for my supervisor to evaluate my progress and potential.

I am bound for another training at other division for a year and a half starting next month if everything goes on smoothly on the other side.

The hard part of working in the Japanese community is of course the formality and seniority. Usage of 敬語 ( Polite form of Japanese Language) with your seniors, directors and customers and etc is HARD.  Haha.. I still cannot get through them. Especially when answering phone or writing emails etc. Time to STRIVE! :D



 Private Life:
So... In August, I went back to Malaysia for HARI RAYAAA! :D Best part of going back is of course meeting the people u miss! (Lily, if you are reading this, Meen says sorry for not meeting you when she was back :p ) Met some seniors, friends and of course celebrating Hari Raya with my family members. Unfortunately I cant prolong my holidays and  I have to go back on second raya due to a class I have to attend on 3rd Raya. But, at least I can still be there during Raya on the first day itself and meet my
relatives! ;)
Before flying bacccck! (Jackson, Ropeq, arep)


WIth ex roomies :0 Adni, Ana, Hana (gent was not here :(  )

With ma, my brother and grandparents

Ma and Bro



With le cousin, ayong ;) 




And the most awesome month is of course the month of SEPTEMBER! Because it's my birthday and other half birthday :P And what's special for this year's birthday is I got a surprise birthday celebration a  day in advance from my sweethearts, Adni, Poot, Elyn. And got my bestie to be here all the way from Malaysia! :D Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and wishes. :) I am 23 this year! weee~
pre Bday celebration! with lil, adni, elyn n poot  
I made my own noodle cup! :D
in the red lift with Lil at the Noodle Museum Yokohama




Harajuku :D




saying goodbye to Lily. thanks dear for coming! ;)

Post bday celebration with my colleagues ( the japanese are quite fickle on privacy, so no pictures of them  :(  ) 
Apart from that, got to meet bunch of Malaysians lately. Mainly because there has been hari raya gatherings, makan2 gatherings and a Royal Dinner event I attended. There are quite a numbers of Malaysian here to my surprise. Mainly because I have only been mixing with fellow students and not the people from the embassy, families and those who are working over here.


With the forever lovely Kak Aisha 
During MARA's seminar and dinner with my batchmate

with my batchmate during makan2 session





Hari raya gatherings and farewell party for Pn SIti


With my batchmate attending Royal Dinner with the YDPA Malaysia during his visit to Japan 


I think that sums up what have been going on for these few months. I am excited for another journey next month! :D xoxo








2 comments:

Has said...

Tersenyum tgk gambar semua yang dikenali..thanks farahin :) oh, bagus ye company jepun hantar training sebaik sahaja masuk company. Itulah yg sepatutnya...agaknya kat malaysia pun macam tu kana...

farra said...

Has Sensei,
Sensei rindu ye. ? hihi.. Sensei dtg ke Tokyo lagi bg tahu lah, boleh jumpa ;)

Training ni lame sgt la sensei. Saye rase mcm lagi senang kalau training sekejap, then masuk kerja then hantar utk training yg sepatutnye shj lagi sng. Sbb byk course yg saya pergi xde kankei pon dgn dept saye. =.=" d Malaysia, kalau Petronas ade training. x sure kaisya2 yg laen. :)