Hello hellloooo~! I know it's so overdue, but work does really suck up my energy and when i come home. all I want to do is just lay around and eat and have series to watch. =.="
So.. I guess it's time to proceed with the main purpose of this post that is regarding the trip I manage to squeeze in between my 2 weeks holidays in Malaysia, and that was my 3d2n trip to Phuket with my best friend Lily! :)
The planning was made waaaaaay back in October 2011 which is almost 6 months before the trip itself, and before I have my ticket back to Malaysia. :)
So.. after LA, I went back to Tokyo for a good 3 days (where I finally met with his family for the first time since they were visiting) then flew back to Malaysia, and on the next week, another flight to Phuket, Thailand
The flight we took was at 6 am in the morning and as soon as we touched down, we were welcomed by the hot sunshine!
Once we were cleared by the custom, and heading out to the airport's exit, we were shoved by a few persistent taxi drivers, showing us their pamphlets asking us to where we would like to go etc. it's ANNOYING and somehow freaky since they followed us around while we were trying to decide where should we start our trip and they were haggling!
One tip when you are about to travel is always always search how to get to your first destination once you arrive in an alien place. It could be really really confusing and you always feel lost and ended up wasting a lot of time trying to figure out what to do once u are there. Experienced it alll the time!
We ended up choosing the airport limousine instead since we felt it's the safest method of transport available, and lesser chance of getting cheated to with the price. We picked out White Peach Hotel in near Kata beach for our accommodation since the photos of the hotel looks so nice at the site and it's new, and close to the beach!
So, while we were checking in we were served with a typical over the top sweetness drink by the hotel staff. And we were transferred to our hotel from the reception on a buggy though it's only 200 metres away. :p
| The pool to our hotel |
On the first day we went to the beach in the evening to watch the sunset. We picked out a seat under an umbrella and lied down there soaking in the sun making my already tan skin goes darker. :p While were laying around at the seat, came a woman to our seat asking for 100 baht saying the seats at the beach are not free. =.="
| Isnt God's creation the best? |
Then we wandered around the town of Kata, looking through so many options for souvenirs, t-shirts, the usual touristy stuff. The Thais does really have a very artsy hands, they have amongst the prettiest work of art and one of the stuff sold around the town was these pretty candles! I think they carved out the candles ( there are also soap) and make em looks like this pretty flowers!
At night we browse around trying to find some decent clothes so we could get wet in the water and DINNER! :) And what else should we have in Thailand other than TOM YAM?? haha.. we went to this restaurant in Kata and it's definitely yummeyh! :D Though I cant say it's the best since I didnt try out other places, but it's fulfilling and didn't poke a hole in my pocket!
| Nothing weird, almost the same stuff I'd ordered back in Msia at any Thai restaurant haha ;) |
2nd Day:
We started the day by getting wet at the beach before the sun rise up high, and breakfast at the hotel. :)
Then we took a taxi to Phuket Center Mall and............................... we found out that the mall were still not open!!!! only McDonald was on operation. =.=" So we ended lounging at McDonald enjoying free internet while waiting. Then boredom struck and we started wandering around and found that the spa is operating! Without further due.. to the spa we went! ;)
After lunch, I had to head out back to the hotel and find a printer since out of blue my Prof called me regarding the documents for my conference TIME WASTAGE! =.="
At 5 o'clock we waited for the agent to collect us and bring us to the Phuket Fantasea! We book our Phuket Fantasea package at the hotel a day before for 16000 Thai Baht if I was not mistaken with free transfer from the hotel, dinner buffet at the International Buffet restaurant with free upgrade for Gold seat for the night show. The ticket price varies from one agent to another, for example, when we were introduced with other price from the hotel, the taxi driver and the small booth that scattered around the town, so I suggest you go around and check the best price available around.
Basically it's like a small theme park with a grand "Fantasy of a Kingdom" show at night. So once we arrived, we quickly went to the buffet restaurant, and to our surprise, there were a halal section at the BIG HUMUNGOUS ENORMOUS hall full of tables and FOOOD! It's like joining a feast served at a palace! And the food selection weren't bad as well. :)
| The place is so big and pretty! feels like a royal. lol |
The show that night after our dinner was amazing! The props, the dance, the effects, the stunt, and the elephants! There are at least 10 elephants used for the show! Highly recommended!
3rd Day:
We went to the beach again! Then to the pool, then breakfast at the hotel. We packed up then checked out from the hotel and head out to Patong town.
Patong is filled with sooo many souvenirs and fake items. And it was such a pain trying to haggle with this people to get the best rate for the stuff you want to buy since they dont put on price tags and they just simply put any number on the items when you ask. You have to be really really persistent and get the best price for your items!
I thought I already got a good bargain.. but noooooooo! Guess what, I saw the same item that I bought at the airport with a cheaper price!! GRrrrrrrrrr~ Can you imagine how the normal price would actually be?? =.="
Did some shopping around town and cool down at the Hard Rock Cafe, because Phuket was unbelievably hot and humid! No wonder they wore such short shorts and such small bandeau :p
![]() |
| A Chanel flap bag on the ground! :( |
![]() |
| LV speedy laying around :p |
After Patong we got our way to the airport and head back home.... :)
We didn't really do any water activity for this trip because it was meant for chilling out vacation for both of us, just time to spend with each other and catching up. Me and Lily has been chatting like mad.. every single day, talking about lives, about our views on certain stuff,, share stupid secrets like those deeply buried skeleton back in our closet.. so.. yeah, it was more like an eye to an eye time spending. :)
So.. that is for now. I dont know when will I be updating this blog in the future, but let's hope for the best!
p/s: this monday i'll be out of probation period of my employment contract! ;) fuuh! It has already been three months since I started working! ;) And I am going back for Raya as well this August! ;) yeayy!!








No comments:
Post a Comment