It's time that I finish my LA post. It's bugging me that this posts are still unsettle.. so... yeah.. here t goes!
BIG BEAR!!
So... because Ris went to DC for her interview, she asked me earlier before coming to LA if I would like to join the WInter Games for Malaysian students residing in California, and I said yes, though it was a 50-50 decision realizing that I might be left out and i might just alienate myself and build an island for myself and be anti-social in a crowd of unknown people.
But.... chances/fate/destiny work out magically, and found out that one of my senior back in STF was in LA as well and she joined! (Though she practically doesnt remember me when we met the night before and.. to be honest, I dont think I had ever talked to her back in school) haha..
That Saturday morning of that weekends, me, Alia (Ris's sweet roommate and also the driver for the trip), Shira (my senior), and a few other USC students drove up for about two hours and a half climbing up the Big Bear Mountain in San Bernardino county. I have to applaud Alia.. she is an incredible driver! A petite lady who drives like a man! teheee ( I am currently a paper driver. I have my license, but I havent drive ever since I got my license back in 2009??) haha.
| Snow in Cali! ;) |
Straight to the catch. The view all the way to the mountain top was incredible!! It really looks like what you normally see in movies! At the bottom was desert (like those cowboy scenes in Hollywood movies) then there were pine forests identical to the scenes in Twilight *wink*. :) We reached the cabin, around 11 oclock in the morning, settled checking in and waited for everyone to come before we started the tournament of SNOW TUBING! ;)
| It was cold, but the sun was shining so bright that it wasnt that cold at all. I think i could just be there with short sleeve t-shirt! ;) |
I paired up with Shira, and guess what? WE WON FIRST PLACE! lol
It was kinda awkward, coz we are "outsiders" ( Shira was there only for a while, because she is studying in India but she was doing her intern/clinical in LA during holidays) but we WON! haha
That night there was a black& red theme dinner with all of them at the hotel/cabin that night, and there were performance, karaoke session, and loads more. It was one fun trip! :) The Malaysian Student Assoc in Japan should do this!
| The Doubles winners! ;) |
| Some of acquaintance I made :) |
| With Mama! ( She's like the caretakers of the students in LA, and is the most down to earth and kind people I ever met!) |
| The USC's gal ;) Alia n Mai on the right :) |
The next day, we had a tak session regarding how we are suppose to be the little ambassador of our country, and how we can contribute to the country's economy by promoting the country etc after breakfast and we packed up and went home!
| Look at the sceneries at the back!!! |
We went back to Ris&Alia's place that Sunday, and I went around USC the next day and visited Target for the first time with Alia that night. And guess what..? Of all the random things that happened..... I met YUNA in Target! This trip has really brought me so much random stuffs, and meeting cool plus random people as well!
| Me sans make up n heels, with the talented Yuna! :) |
She's indeed a down to earth gal! All the best to her for her singing career!
The next day, we rent a car, and Me, Ris, and Alia had our breakfast at Jacks N Joe for PANCAKES and omelette! The American style! hihi
Then, we head out to the famous Hollywood sign!! Hihi.. All the way up, the houses on our left and right was oh-so-Hollywood! It was big, pretty and soo private. I wonder what's in their big house!
Then we head out to Hollywood/Highland AGAIN, for the fourth?fifth time?? in a week! Because.. I had to do a "lil"bit more shopping for souvenirs for my sayangness :)
![]() |
| In front of Kodak Theatre~ |
![]() |
| The "vain" friends JK ;) |
sooooooo... after emptying my pockets we made our way to the infamous "The Boiling Crab" at Korea town (if I'm not mistaken) The concept of the restaurant was easy.... everything used to serve us, would go to the bin! We were served prawn shook in sumptuous herbs and spices in a plastic bag! and the rice was in a paper cup, like he ones you always see in movies when people have chinese take-outs, and we eat with our hands!! The table was covered with paper, and have our meal without plate/dish/platter on the table.. but.. no complain, the service was great, and the food was to die for! :)
| Look at the mess on our table! |
Then we head back home.. and it was time to pack up!
My flight back to Tokyo was in the afternoon the next day, and it was time to say goodbye.. :(
The trip was a GREAT one! I did my planning, booking, visa and travelled alone for the first time, and it was definitely one of the best holiday ever! Ten days was not enough! I definitely will come visiting the country for NY or Florida! ;) (while my visa last! )
I am amazed with the warmth of people over there. I don't know but I think that the culture of where you are residing really affect you on the whole. Everyone was sooooo friendly! :) I felt as if I'm there for a long time already, like home. And I think it is because I've been raised and residing at the east side of the world, where the most of them are high context people, including myself, it's refreshing to interact with these people. :)
So.. that's it! :D
Next travel post would be.. Phuket! with my bestie, Lily!
Tille then! xoxoxoxo






No comments:
Post a Comment