Small thoughts before my next Amsterdam post comes up.
Just a small update on myself at the moment.
I'm currently back in my lovely hometown, Seremban. Staying with my grandparents at the moment while my mum is out in Spain.
I've no idea that I could be here in Malaysia a month ago. I thought I'd only be back during summer holidays. But it's the power of Allah S.W.T.. He knows best. About 2 weeks ago, the M9 earthquake hits japan, and the costliest tsunami hits japan.
Thank God I was not in Japan at the moment, I was in Nice, France when the news spread on twitter, Facebook and finally on TV. I was not expecting the earthquake’s impact was really that bad, causing thousands loss of lives and property. I was just expecting a normal earthquake like we normally face back in Tokyo. Because I know Japan was prepared for earthquake, more than any other country would have. The real problem was the tsunami that comes after the earthquake. That, was the real trouble. The 10-15 meters tall wave could engulf few floors building. As many of you guys doesn’t know, many houses in Japan, even in Tokyo, or even the ones I lived at, is made out of wood. Yes, u heard me right. WOOD. Which logically explained how these houses are easily swept away by the waves. If the wave could sweep a huge boat, cars on the street, what do you think would happen to a wooden house?
At first, I thought everything would just gonna be fine, just like how Japan face earthquake any other time.. But then came in the news about nuclear reactor incident. Which escalated more dramas in Japan. We were in Barcelona when the news about the nuclear reactor. And when I called one of my friend, MIdo who were still in Tokyo at the moment, advising us just to go back to Malaysia because escalated condition in Japan. Because of the nuclear reactor having problems, power shortage comes in, meaning more blackouts, many trains doesn’t operate like normal. And not to mention, when earthquake strikes, gas supply to houses will be stopped which means no warm water for bathing, cooking and etc. I called my mum and she gets panicking I guess. My mum booked my ticket on the spot. hehe..
So. that’s it. That’s how I got my feet back in Malaysia. Another one month of holidays in Malaysia. And which part make them sweet? I got to spend MORE time at home, got to meet dear friends n loved ones in Malaysia. Alhmadulillah I’m safe. Oh2, Ive watched Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa twice already!!! haha. And also thank you to many of you people out there concern about me, those wallposts on FB, messages, phone calls. Apparently, there are people who care!
thanks everyone!
p/s: Im going back to Tokyo on 10th April. (thank you to my research lecturer who give me a consideration to go back to Japan a little bit late! hihi..) anyone cares for a meetup??
No comments:
Post a Comment