Friday, October 29, 2010

my iPhones journey

Sorry for the cheesy title, but that’s the main purpose of this post! haha~

today I'd like to introduce you to my beloved and amongst the the sacred item I've got in my entire life, the iPhone. So, the story begins when my third handphone, the Sony w850i went into the TOILET BOWL while it was flushing!! yep, you read it right! and there’s no way i could retrieve that phone back! Waa~ i was so damned frustrated coz i was only using it for only ONE MONTH. sigh~

I AM A CLUMSY PERSON.

yes, I've got to admit that! i spilled drinks during wedding reception, i tripped off  the step of a bus, i fell while using the stairs, i fell while just walking slowly.. it’s my nature, i don't know if i could actually find a way to help me with this bad habit.

 

BACK to my main motive of me writing this post, my mum, who work at travel agency in Bkt Bintang always goes out to overseas for her her work and so does her other colleague. So, being a kind mother she is, she asked me whether i want an iPhone, and being naive i can be at that time, not knowing what the hell an iPhone is, i just nod, and said ok, even my mum warned me that i need to adjust the phone setting to be able to use it in Malaysia. I just said ok. haha~ So the day came, when i finally got my first iPhone! the first generation of iPhone that is! it was in February 2008 i guess.

 

as I've stated before, i was a naive i have no idea what an iPhone is. So when i finally got touch the real iPhone, I was like, WOW! haha… and went like crazy over the internet searching for ways how to unlock the phone and to jailbreak. And with the super slow internet at home, I cant download any application needed to unlock or jailbreak my phone. and at that time there’s no such thing like jailbreakme.com and the job to actually unlocking and jailbreaking was such a very very very meticulous i must say!! therefore,  The Solution? i called this man who advertise his page on the net selling unlocked iPhone. I asked him whether he could help me unlocking my new iPhone.  SO, the date and time was set, any place as long as internet is available. so we decided  to meet at Starbucks Sunway Pyramid. that man asked for RM200 for his job, but telling him that I'm still a student and stuff, we agreed to RM 150. That was freaking expensive you know!!!! Because all you need is to download the application in the net,  push the buttons on the screen and wait. But, at that time, as long as I can have my phone working, I’ll pay you kind of term~ haha..

so, this is my first iPhone. the very first generation of iPhone.

DSC00762

DSC00763

you have no idea how bad this phone has gone thru! it was there with me when i was sad, angry, happy and thru many beautiful moments in my life. there were sooo many scratches, dented corners, and no more functioned power button! hihi~ i really adore and love this phone to bits! i became absorbed when i first got my iPhone! i check my mail practically at any place with free wi-fi, i would upload pics instantly via Facebook via iPhone, i wrote my blog entries, took LOADS LOADS of pics, played games, and of course MESSAGING without bothering to delete any messages! haha..

this phone stayed with me for more than 2 years! she stopped her service this year when i came to Japan. when I'm here in Japan, me and literally 98% of my batch mate has gotten ourselves the new 3gs iPhone! Well, it was slightly 6 months ago i guess. in the past 6 months, i actually get gold of THREE new iPhone 3gs to tell you the truth. Being the clumsy person I am, my first iPhone 3Gs fell down on the floor and the closing between the screen and the back cover actually cracked a ill bit. So i went to Softbank, one of the line provider in Japan and asked for repair. Since it was irreparable, instead, they gave me a spanking new one! hihi~ i was thrilled! BUT, a week later, the screen of the new phone went dark, as if the backlit light went off. Softbank people tried to restart and reset the phone, but it went NADA. so, they gave me a new one, one more time! yeay! hahaha~ but my happy story didn't continue for too long. last moth, i went for a jog, with my phone to listen to songs while i do my run.. and suddenly… it fell, and the screen CRACKED!!!! Waa~ that was stressful!! 

this is my 3gs iPhone (the 4th iPhone I've ever owned)

DSC00764

DSC00765

look at the crack on the screen of my phone! Sad smile Crying face 

i went to Softbank and asked for repair..  but they said, it would cost 20000yen for repair. which is absurd since the whole phone only cost 48000yen here. And because of this reason, i went and get the new iPhone 4!! haha~ don't blame me! blame Apple for not creating fall resistance product!!

and here it is… my latest collection of iPhone!!

DSC00766

haha~ i hope this phone will serve me better, and last longer i hope! let’s pray for the best!! Winking smile

 

Last but not least, picture of my iPhone collection, form left, the 1st generation, 3gs, and the 4th one. ( I don't own only the iPhone 3g!, huhu)

DSC00761DSC00760

1 comment:

Double-Eleven said...

hardcore btol cara ko guna iphone.. 1st time tgk iphone rabak cam tuh, hahaha