Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Working life just started!

Hello dear readers..
Though I doubt there are many readers anyway. =.="
I think I might need to put this in words just so, I'll be remembered of this event of my life later when I'm old. Straight to the catch, this post solely dedicated to the marking stone of my life, that is starting my first full time job.

Officially, I started my first day last Monday, on 2nd April, and I'm under probation of three months before I'm fully employed. On the first day, me and other new employee for the intake of 2012, which accumulated more than 800 people, attended the Welcome Ceremony at Tokyo Big Site. There were speeches by the President of the company, vice president etc, contract signing session and also some lectures regarding the company's spirit on the first day itself. And not to forget the infamous culture of the Japanese that is the Nomikai, where people enjoying drinking while socializing. So we had one, but in other name that is, "kangenkai" or loosely translated as welcoming celebration or party for the new employees, where I got the chance to talk with the president of the company. However, being the dumb me, or more likely ignorant me, I greeted him with "Konnichiwa" knowing that it was 6 o'clock in the afternoon at that time. And guess what? He replied "Konbanwa da ne?" pfffdfffffffftttttt. *big failure* haha~ but.. It was fun, it's where I should learn anyway. Learning from mistakes.

The next day, we continued some more lecture from the directors and vice presidents and in the evening, everyone were supposed to move to the department we were designated, and I was supposed to go to Akihabara, but unfortunately, because of the typhoon on that day, the train was having delays and some are not working. So, me and other new employees from my department were transported straight to Ibaraki by bus instead. Was glad that we are not to go to Akihabara, because there's another kangenkai on that day for the department as well, and God knows how long it would end once they start drinking.

Anyway, long story short, we visited the factory in Ibaraki, an stayed there for three days for more lectures and on Thursday we made our way to Shinkawasaki, where we had to take another test on programming and algorithm and TOIEC,for class division, and had more lectures till today. Unfortunately, I can't tell what we learnt or heard, because it is confidential, and I can't disclose it to the public. Among other things is about insurance, security, company's policy, etc.

It was somehow surreal experience for me, to actually be employed. Sometimes it made me ponder if this is the road I should take, was it a good decision? What would happen if I pursue my studies? Whatever that may come in my way, ill Work my ass for it! :))

Anyhooo, check this joke I found online from a joke site. Seems legit! ;)



Human Resource Lingo

"COMPETITIVE SALARY"
We remain competitive by paying less than our competitors.

"JOIN OUR FAST-PACED COMPANY"
We have no time to train you.

"CASUAL WORK ATMOSPHERE"
We don't pay enough to expect that you'll dress up.

"MUST BE DEADLINE-ORIENTED"
You'll be six months behind schedule on your first day.

"SOME OVERTIME REQUIRED"
Some time each night and some time each weekend.

"DUTIES WILL VARY"
Anyone in the office can boss you around.

"MUST HAVE AN EYE FOR DETAIL"
We have no quality control.

"CAREER-MINDED"
Female Applicants must be childless (and remain that way).

"APPLY IN PERSON"
If you're old, fat or ugly you'll be told the position has been filled.

"NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE"
We've filled the job; our call for resumes is just a legal formality.

"SEEKING CANDIDATES WITH A WIDE VARIETY OF EXPERIENCE"
Y! ou'll need it to replace three people who just left.

"PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS A MUST"
You're walking into a company in perpetual chaos.

"REQUIRES TEAM LEADERSHIP SKILLS"
You'll have the responsibilities of a manager, without the pay or respect.

"GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS"
Management communicates, you listen, figure out what they want and do it.


Till then!

3 comments:

Has said...

nice jokes :) anyway, you wouldn't know unless you have experienced it,so...go farra! :)

farra said...

Insya Allah~! :D
teheee~
Rindu Sensei lah! Sensei dtg nihon nnt, bg la tahu.. ;)
ocha demo ikimasenka~ :D

Has said...

url を変えたら、みんなとのリンクもなくなったことに気づきました。なんて馬鹿なことをしてしまいました。とにかく、新urlは、goendama.blogspot.com :) →「お茶でも行きませんか。」ってなんぱですか。(笑)