Thursday, March 8, 2012

Los Angeles Pt1

Before I procrastinate, I shall start my first post on my LAX trip now....

*take a deeep breath*

My trip was planned back in September last year, with Visa application done in October, and air ticket booking done also in October. I took off from Narita Airport on 20th Feb via Singapore airline. What's special about this plane trip was I got the chance to have a plane ride on the second deck of the aircraft! :) It was my second time on a 2 deck plane, one was on the flight from Paris to Dubai last year, but the second deck was exclusive to First and Business economy class passenger. Fortunately for me, Singapore Airline do have economy class seats on the second deck of their plane, thus me hastily picked out the seat on the second deck! :) If you got the chance go on  a 2 deck plane, do make sure you book the 2nd deck seat because lesser number of passengers seated on the 2nd deck, hence lesser queue time to board in and board out of the plane!

Can you see two rows of windows on the plane, on top and below Singapore Airlines

Enough with the plaaaane.

My flight was on 20th Feb at 1815hrs and I reached LAX around 1100hrs 20th Feb because of the time difference of US and Japan (which is 17 hours?) !! Talk about time travelling!!! haha.. It was somehow surreal I must say.  Ris and her roommate Alia picked me up and brought me over their cozy home.

It's Mickey! 
Took a short nap after having a plate of Ris's "tong tang tong tang" spaghetti before heading out to Hollywood Walk of Fame that evening. When we reached the Hollywood/Highland station, there was quite a busy scene in front of the Kodak Theatre  because of there were a preparation for the Oscar Awards, with plastic covered red carpet on the entire road, and there were securities here and there buzzing like CIAs #lol.

So.. what is there at the Hollywood Walk of Fame? The marble stars with those artists' name of course! Surprisingly there was Mickey Mouse and Godzilla too! :) Kodak Theatre is surrounded by a lot of the famous stores, i.e; Bebe, AE, BCBG, Victoria Secret, F21, H&M, Fossil, MAC, SEPHORA, etc.. Which.... spiked my urge to shop!!! haha especially looking at the price tag of the make up items on display at SEPHORA. hihihi.. What else.... and oh! the Madamme Tussauds Museum.

We practically did nothing that night, only browsing and checking out what's there to offer, because I made a mental check that I'd be there once more. *evil grin* I ended up my 40 hours of 20th Feb on that day with a long deep sleeeeeeep! :)


 Who couldn't love that beautiful blue sky? and the palm trees that LA is famous of

The cuppies from the the Magnolia Bakery

The next day we went out for a brunch at 3rd street, which is supposedly quite a posh area of LA according to Ris. I had egg burrito and Ris had French toast. The burrito was AMAZING! :) it was filled with scrambled egg, poached potatoes, mushroom, onions, served together with salad in vinegar dressing. I also made a quick stop at the Magnolia Bakery for a sweet fix of Red Velvet cake. :D On top of happy tummy lays a happy heart!

Then in the evening we headed over to the Rodeo Drive, that house more posh shopping stores catering those with the big CASH in their bank. It was Ginza of LA, but much much much better because of the bigger sidewalks and longer street. Among the boutique that's available were  Chanel, Dior, Ralph Lauren, Juicy Couture, YSL, Jimmy Choo, yada2.. The thing that kept me away  was... THEY WERE CLOSE when we were there!!!!! at 7pm!! >.< Even Neiman Marcus was also closed! pfft. For God knows why! sigh~ so we just enjoy strolling around... and get back home hungrily... :(


The next day, Ris took me to the Promenade, in Santa Monica. OMG. A true shopping heaven! Being raised in Malaysia and studying in Japan, I accustomed to the scene of different brands all clogged up in one whole shopping complex. But it was totally different over here, everything is in open air! All boutiques/stores lays in one stretched street, in three blocks or so like that. With cool breeze from the sea, and warm sunshine, the perfect combination of a great shopping experience! I did what I did best.. Browsing and shopping! 

 My lovely friend and host, Ristina
 The view from the beach of Santa Monica
That is the circus in which there was a scene in "That Means War"

In the evening, we ran to the beach, to get a glimpse of sunset by the beach! Sooooooo tantalizing!
Who could deny the power of God? This is a raw picture i took with my iPhone

I think that's all for now... I'll update a lil bit more in another 2 or 3 post! Till then! xoxoxo

p/s: I lost my camera in LA, thus lack of photos! :( 

No comments: