So.. From London, we said goodbye to Raje, and hopped onto the train from the Liverpool Street station to Harwich International Port, a journey which took around 2 hours and a half to reach. At the port, we checked in to the Stena Superferry and amazed by the welcoming ambience in the ferry.
There were mini cinema, ps3 game centre, duty free shop, money changer, bar, lounge, and of course free wifi throughout the ship. Which, I have nothing to complain about. And not to forget very friendly staffs as well. We departed from Harwich at 11 pm and reach Hook of Holland the next day at 7 am. From there we took the train to Schiedam central and change the train straight to Amsterdam Central.
My oh my! I fell in love the moment I stepped out from the station! Magnificent view!
We quickly engaged ourselves onto the canal hop on, hop off and discover the city of Amsterdam by the green canal. I must say that these people of Amsterdam are really smart for being so tremendously good in having a life at a town full with water all around. From the explanation I heard, they would flow the water from the canal, and pump new clean water to keep the canal clean. Meticulous as it sounds, they manage to do it and keep the entire city clean!
Soo.. Where did we go?
We went to the flea market to which MANY antique stuffs were sold, cannabis (of course!), souvenirs, porn and sex toys.
Then went all around the entire city to find the hard rock shop, more shopping alleys, and of course the infamous red light district. (don't ask me what I saw) *wink*
Hurm~ and to our amusement, met Zarina's friends who were also doing euro trip as well, and met three Malaysian students who were studying in Edinburgh, coming to Amsterdam for academic conference. It's a small world huh?
All in all, we were blessed with good hotel, very effective transportation ( I love the tram!), very clean environment, tulips all over, and halal pizza! :)
so let’s feast the eyes!










pics credit to zarina.
3 comments:
Woot!
U looked great!
;)
Hi Farra, love the well taken pics. And you look just great!
I love this place, was there in the '60s, ha ha.
Seeing your dressing, ada sejuk lagi ke?
Have fun, keep a song in your heart.
Lee.
@zara: hello there! Thanks! Tp tu camera trick je! Haha. Thx for visiting!
@uncle lee: hello uncle!! Yep, it was still cold when we were there! In the morning, it was -4 degrees if I'm not mistaken. Brr~!!
Post a Comment